You don’t have to agree with these. I am sharing them to attempt to better myself as a person. This is what works for me right now.
1. Friends are something to enjoy. They are not an obligation nor should you be dependent on them alone. I need to make sure I can take care of myself for me.
2. While having a boyfriend (girlfriend : significant other : spouse : etc ) is good for the feels, that person should not be required and/or the basis for all my happiness. I can be happy on my own as an individual.
3. I am me. That’s all I really can be. I can’t be you. I can’t be them. I’m the only one who knows what that means at the core and I will strive to be the best me there is by my standards. If there is a problem, I will need to fix it myself. Others can support but the real work needs to be done by yours truly.
4. I seemed to have a misunderstanding of this ideal for the first half of my life. I can say I’m pretty without it being egotistical. I can say I’m good at things without it being gloating. It’s a matter of balancing it so it doesn’t become overly prideful or hurtful to others.
5. Advice has always been a hard thing for me to accept, to process, and to deal with. I do not do well at all with people being blunt with me, no matter how much I “need” to hear what they’re saying. But it is just that. Advice. It is not a rule. It is not a law. I will not be put away for not following it. If I do not take the advice and I mess up, that is my own fault and my own choice. If I take the advice and things end up poorly, again, it is not a reflect on them, but in myself for following it. Advice is formulated by others advice or experianxe shared and personal experience in the situation. It is not something written in stone. It can be pushed aside if you do not feel it is right for you.
Enough of this, I need sleep but at least my mind and heart are at rest now. Sometimes you just have to get these things out.